Getting Your Home Ready to Sell
First impressions are a powerful thing, especially in the real estate industry. Did you know that a prospective buyer has developed an opinion of your property within 15 seconds of seeing it? This is why it is critical to establish the right first impression in order to achieve a successful sale.
When it comes to selling your home in Knoxville, there are some things you can change and some you can’t. Unless you have a magic wand, the location of your home probably won’t change. And we know how important location is in the world of real estate.
But there are a couple of other things that play a crucial role, including the condition of your home. Your home’s condition will help create those all important first impressions to would-be buyers. And the good news is, you can improve the condition of your home to increase the chances of making that first impression more positive.
Below are a few tips to help you create a more positive first impression of your home or property. And if you need help with anything, a member of Coldwell Banker Wallace & Wallace, Realtors® is always happy to assist you with your real estate needs! We are THE SOURCE for real estate in East Tennessee.
Tips to Make a Great First Impression for Your Home
The first thing a prospective buyer might see about your home is the exterior. Curb appeal isn’t just limited to the home or property itself, but also to the surroundings. From your lawn and shrubs to the mailbox and doorstep, each aspect of your home’s exterior helps to make up the visual landscape. And you want to make sure it looks the best it possibly can!
- Sweep your sidewalk if necessary and remove any weeds that might be growing nearby
- Give your old mailbox a fresh coat of paint and polish or replace old house numbers
- Outdoor lamps quickly wear out from the elements. New ones will cast a positive light on your property
- Trim shrubs and prune hedges
- Make sure your lawn is in good shape and has been recently mowed
- A fresh coat of paint can be one of the best investments you can make to increase the value of your property.
- If you have vinyl or aluminum siding, have it cleaned if necessary
For more information about home repairs or enhancements, please contact a Coldwell Banker Wallace & Wallace Real Estate Agent and ask for a Free Copy of The Coldwell Banker Home Enhancement Guide.
You can also check out our company blog for articles about home repairs, decorating tips, DIY and all the latest East Tennessee real estate news and events!